DIY 2 ingredient Bronzing Lotion
Have you ever been invited to something on short notice and realise your pasty pins just ain't going to cut it? Don't get me wrong, I am all about my Snow White skin but sometimes a little warmth in your skin can work wonders for your outfit.
I was late home from work and rushing to get ready to go to suave evening party when I stared at the mirror, blinded by my fluorescent body's reflection. I didn't even notice the pretty dress I was wearing. I was going to daze all these healthy, glowing people when I turn up sporting my Irish Tan. And trust me, this garden party was no place for a disco ball centerpiece.
That's when I whipped up this miracle! This DIY Fake Tan is totally customizable and it won't transfer to your clothes! However it isn't waterproof and will stream down your bathtub in a sea of tangerine pride when you hop into the shower.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A light, quick drying body lotion. One that soaks in without leaving an oily residue.
- A bronzing powder that suites you. It can be matte or shimmery, it's up to you!
- *Optional* A loose, golden, shimmery eyeshadow.
Also a little jar or pot to mix it in and store it if you want.
- Squeeze out your body lotion into your jar. I used this little plastic tupperware box. You can use as much or as little. I made a big ole batch to keep me going.
- Using a dull knife or a spatula, start to scrape a little of your bronzer into the lotion. Stir it in well.
- Continue adding in bronzer until you reach your desired colour. Don't forget to keep testing it out on your arm to see how it looks. If you go to dark, you can always add more lotion.
- Once you're happy with the colour you can add some shimmery eyeshadow to the lotion to create a glowy sheen on your skin. This is optional of course.
- Store it away for your special occasion or just slather yourself in it straight away!
How simple is that to get a flawless, perfect, personalized tan?! And what's great is because it's made from a body lotion it will take a while to dry in so you have plenty of time to really work it in and blend it out. You can also add SPF to it to keep your skin protected.
Will you be rocking a sunless tan this summer? Share your favourite products in the comments below!