The Real Neat Blog Award!
My blog was considered to be real neat over the weekend by my beautiful swiss blogging friend, Cheryl from Swiss Beauty Talk .She's lined up 7 fiery questions for me to answer. So above all, I'd firstly like to thank Cheryl for thinking on me when she was choosing in her nominated bloggers! You can check out her answers here.
1. Which one of your makeup products make you happy and why?
Aw how can I choose just one? Ha ha! Well I think I'd have to pick a product I use everyday because if I use it that much it's got to be good! I would probably have to pick my L'oréal Paris Brow Artist Plumper. I was never one to harshly fill in my brows or shave them off and re-draw them in (we all know that one friend!) but I always kept them neatly plucked and groomed in place with Vasaline...do you remember that? a quick swipe over the lips then over the brows. No? Oh.
Anyway, we have made many beauty advancements since those days which I'm pretty happy about since I can still maintain my neat brows. Yay!
2. Imagine you haven't done your makeup yet and you're in a real hurry and have to leave the house immediately to get to a job interview on time. Which products do you take with you to do your makeup while your on the train?
As organised as I am, sometimes situations like this are inevitable! So I am always prepared...come on don't judge! I have a makeup bag and then a makeup shelf. On my shelf is all my nice things; palettes, foundations etc. In my bag is where I keep all the stuff I wear on a daily basis...mascara, powder, lipstick etc. So if this was happening I would make a mad dash for this bag and pray I put everything back in! (Sometimes I forget...) If all else fails, My handbag tube of Carmax is gonna have to be one hell of a multitasker!
3. What's the one makeup product you'd like to own but never purchased?
Oh there's an aweful lot! We can all thank my Dad for my frugal mindset and my "purse strings so tight my ass squeaks when I walk" way of going! Once, on a school trip I bought a Mac lipstick (€17.50) with my €20 pocket money and I didn't have enough money for food and had to snag some chips off my mate. That was the day I swore I could never justify such overpriced beauty products until I could afford to both eat and look beautiful.
That being said I'd love anything from the Bobbi Brown Skin Care range, every YSL and Tom Ford lipstick and a few bits and pieces from Charlotte Tillbury and By Terry.
4. Would you rather wear natural makeup look or statement/dramatic look for the rest of your life?
Ha Ha I am totally picturing my smokey eye creasing into my crows feet and my shocking pink lipstick bleeding into my shriveled lips! What a sight! I used to be all about the statement makeup, all day everyday. I'd hide behind it! But that didn't get me anywhere so now I opt for a more natural makeup and let my personality shine through! So au naturel all the way from now on. If your curious, you can see my everyday "no makeup" makeup here and my soft, flattering everyday makeup here.
5. Lipstick or Lipgloss?
This is a little obvious but I have to choose lipstick. Nothing says sophistication like a perfectly applied, no budge lipstick. I also like kissing. If you would like to revisit those flashbacks of chaperoned dates to the cinema, wearing lipgloss because your mum's Cosmo said it make you look more sexier (what ever that ment) then sneaking a slimey, glitter-infused peck before you dashed out to your dad's car. Ew.
Ha ha! But at this point I have perfected the Cat Burglar Lipstick look (where the lippy doesn't move, smudge or bleed and won't leave a trace on your glass or shirt collar...) and I have also perfected the skill of kissing with lipstick on. It makes my boyfriend a little anxious to see me coming but you gotta live life on the edge, eh?
6. Which part of your face do you like the most?
Hmm this is a tough one... I kind of just like all of my face? Like each feature just works well with the others so as a whole I find it quite pretty. This is actually a topic I plan to be touching on in the near future so if you have any body love/hates please share in the comments or contact me more privately on my Social Networks if you prefer.
7. What's your favourite part of doing your makeup?
I actually just really enjoy the whole simple process of it. Taking that time out for myself to sit and carefully and lovingly apply my makeup, just chilling and enjoying it. But my least favourite part would be taking it all off again! However if I had to pick something it would be my eye makeup. I can completely change the position and the shape with a few lines and shadows...amazing!
Those are my answers to the questions, I hope you enjoyed! As for my questions, I'm straying from the beauty track just to change it up a little bit! And I am going to nominate:
- Laura from lelizaxo.blogspot.co.uk
- Holly White from hollylovesthesimplethings.co.uk
- Sarah from ohhsoglam.com
And my questions are:
- What is your blogging goals for 2015?
- How do you like to connect with your readers?
- If you could collaboration with any vlogger/blogger, who would it be? Why? What would your collab be about?
- What is your favourite thing about your blog?
- How do you incorporate blogging into your routine? Are you full time, part time, a.m. blogger, p.m. blogger etc?
- What is your favourite thing to write about?
- If you could only purchase 3 items that were to last you the rest of your life, what would they be? (They don't run out and you can never purchase another item ever again!)
So feel free to tell me a few of your answers in the comments below and I'd like to thank Cheryl for my nomination! You can thank her too over at Swiss Beauty Talks.