How to pack your makeup for travel
I wouldn't be caught dead without my Kate Moss lippy or Naked palette but sometimes its not always possible to bring everything with you when you're traveling. Here are some of my tried and tested tips of packing makeup in a carry-on or handbag:
1. Decide on what to bring
Easier said than done, right? I think the easiest thing to do is decide how you want to wear your makeup. Will you be going out? What kind of events will you attend? Do you wear day makeup? Great. Now narrow down a colour scheme that suits you I normally go for nudes like of my Naked palettes and then some bold lip colours like Mac Girl About Town or my Blake's Pure Red from L'oréal.
2. Consider your liquids
If your flying you've got to consider your limit on liquids. Normally, here in Europe its a clear 1L plastic bag to hold all your liquids that can only be 100mls or less. Foundations are normally around 25-30mls so thats got to go in your little plastic bag. Any other liquids like face creams or mists have to be packed away in the plastic bag too. Liquid liners and lipglosses may be alright as ling as they are just kept in your makeup bag. If your flying, generally just throw all your makeup in clear bag for convenience (provided you don't need anything like shampoo etc)
3. Multi-tasking products are a must
BB Creams are great because they do so many things! Pick products that are similar in properties. A tinted lip balm with SPF for sun protection, same goes for foundations. Cream eyeshadows are great for a base or on their own. Go for palettes of shadows that have a variety of shades that can go from day to night. The new Urban Decay Naked On The Run palettes are great; blush, bronzer, lipgloss, eyeliner and mascara all in one. I love to use the Benefit Bronze of Champions for a more natural, sunkissed makeup with bronzer, highlighter, lipgloss, cream and powder eyeshadows and They're Real mascara.
My Travel Makeup Kit
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette- I love the girly nudes and pinks of this. There is no true black in this, just deep purples (they look pretty close, just not as harsh!)
- Bourjois Volume Glamour MAX (Holiday edition, waterproof)- A waterproof is an essential, really. I love the brush of this one and its in a tester size so its really dinky!
- Bourjois Liner Futre Ultra Black Eyeliner- Eyeliner is a staple in my bag! Felt Tips are really convenient when you can't bring a bunch of brushes.
- Max Factor Miracle Touch Creamy Blush in 09 Soft Murano- With a cream blush you don't have to worry about your powders breaking. You can also use this in warm or cold weather, on your cheeks and lips!
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo Shadow in On and On Bronze- You can swipe this on in the back of a Black Cab on your way to a party and it will look flawless no matter what. Too lazy for makeup? a dab of this and you're done!
- A red and a nude lipstick (Blake's Pure Red, L'Oréal and Kate 08, Rimmel)- Two of my staples in my kit is a nude and a bright lipstick. Perfect for every outfit, event and occasion!
- Maybelline Hydrate Baby Lips- I always swipe on some lip balm so its always this or good ole Vaseline.
- Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation- I don't wear full coverage foundation so this is my absolute fave instead. Just pick your favourite foundation.
- Tangle Teezer- Okay, I know its not a makeup-y thing but this little compact brush is an absolute life saver sometimes, even my boyfriend nicks it on me! The company calls it the "Lip gloss for your hair!" Can't argue with that now.
Lucky you, about to embark on some new adventures! I wish you all the best! If you're not then this is just awkward...haha! Jokes! These space-saving tips are great for school and work too! What are your favourite travel products?